BOSTON – March 16, 2016 –Threat Stack, a leader in cloud security management and compliance, today announced that PagerDuty, the pioneer in agile incident management, selected Threat Stack Cloud Security PlatformTM to protect and secure its rapidly growing infrastructure within its Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment. PagerDuty’s decision to adopt Threat Stack was driven by its need for continuous security monitoring and complete visibility into its users, data, and expanding AWS and Microsoft Azure infrastructure. “As a rapidly growing organization committed to delivering reliability and uptime, it’s critical that we leverage the scalability and flexibility of the cloud, while keeping our resources safe and secure,” said Arup Chakrabarti, Director of Infrastructure Engineering at PagerDuty. “Not only is Threat Stack easy to deploy, it’s also easy to integrate with both new and existing tools. We now have complete visibility into our processes and activities for continuous monitoring and security management across our environment.”
The PagerDuty platform allows IT Ops and DevOps teams to manage and respond to incidents quickly and efficiently, reducing the chance of outages or setbacks of any kind. Threat Stack’s continuous, real-time security monitoring helps the PagerDuty team to quickly identify top-level threats, streamline processes within the operation’s workflow and increase security across the organization.
“We are longtime fans of PagerDuty, and are excited to partner with them to deliver granular, integrated visibility into user activity, processes, files, and network connections,” said Venkat Pothamsetty, Vice President, Products and Customer Advocacy at Threat Stack. “We are proud to deepen this relationship by helping PagerDuty scale their cloud-based business while keeping them secure and compliant.”
PagerDuty is using Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform’s full suite of features and special integrations across its AWS environment to provide host-level visibility and other key capabilities including:
- Autoscaling: Threat Stack’s cloud-native architecture automatically scales up or down with the capacity of PagerDuty’s AWS and Microsoft Azure infrastructure to ensure continuous visibility across its dynamic environment.
- Insider Threat Identification: Continuous monitoring for unauthorized actions, such as escalation of user privileges, unauthorized installs, new users added/deleted, suspicious commands, anomalous behavior, changes to security groups, user session information and process stops.
- External Attacks Early Warning: Automatic detection of abnormal login attempts/failures, wide open security groups, launches of new processes or kernel modules, user session information, process stops, external connections for command and control.
- Data Security Verification: Automated access, editing or copying of customer or personal data intellectual property, as well as internal configuration, passwords, certificates and keys.
- Compliance Reporting: Real-time visibility, detailed audit trails and built-in compliance reporting provide the historical record needed to meet compliance regulations and ensure data and infrastructure are protected.
To learn more about how PagerDuty uses Threat Stack, please visit the Threat Stack blog.
About Threat Stack
Threat Stack enables growth-driven companies to scale with confidence by identifying and verifying insider threats, external attacks and data loss in real-time. The only fully integrated, cloud-native continuous monitoring solution that gives customers instant visibility and automatically responds to changes in their environment, Threat Stack provides the coverage needed to run secure and compliant, in all environments, without sacrificing speed and efficiency. For more information, or to start a free trial, visit threatstack.com.
PagerDuty is an agile incident management solution that integrates with IT Ops and DevOps monitoring stacks to improve operational reliability and agility. From enriching and aggregating events to correlating them into actionable alerts, PagerDuty streamlines the incident management lifecycle by reducing noise and resolution times. With hundreds of native integrations with operations tools, automated scheduling, advance reporting and guaranteed availability, PagerDuty is trusted by over 7,000 organizations globally to increase business and employee efficiency. The company is headquartered in San Francisco and backed by leading venture capital firms Andreessen Horowitz, Bessemer Venture Partners, Baseline Ventures, Ignition Partners and others. To try PagerDuty for free, or to get more information, visit pagerduty.com
fama PR for Threat Stack