- Autoscaling: Threat Stack’s cloud-native architecture automatically scales up or down with the capacity of PagerDuty’s AWS and Microsoft Azure infrastructure to ensure continuous visibility across its dynamic environment.
- Insider Threat Identification: Continuous monitoring for unauthorized actions, such as escalation of user privileges, unauthorized installs, new users added/deleted, suspicious commands, anomalous behavior, changes to security groups, user session information and process stops.
- External Attacks Early Warning: Automatic detection of abnormal login attempts/failures, wide open security groups, launches of new processes or kernel modules, user session information, process stops, external connections for command and control.
- Data Security Verification: Automated access, editing or copying of customer or personal data intellectual property, as well as internal configuration, passwords, certificates and keys.
- Compliance Reporting: Real-time visibility, detailed audit trails and built-in compliance reporting provide the historical record needed to meet compliance regulations and ensure data and infrastructure are protected.
PagerDuty Selects Threat Stack to Enable High-Velocity Security and Compliance in the Cloud
Threat Stack’s Continuous Security Monitoring Helps Assure Security and Scalability
BOSTON – March 16, 2016 –Threat Stack, a leader in cloud security management and compliance, today announced that PagerDuty, the pioneer in agile incident management, selected Threat Stack Cloud Security PlatformTM to protect and secure its rapidly growing infrastructure within its Amazon Web Services (AWS) environment. PagerDuty’s decision to adopt Threat Stack was driven by its need for continuous security monitoring and complete visibility into its users, data, and expanding AWS and Microsoft Azure infrastructure. “As a rapidly growing organization committed to delivering reliability and uptime, it’s critical that we leverage the scalability and flexibility of the cloud, while keeping our resources safe and secure,” said Arup Chakrabarti, Director of Infrastructure Engineering at PagerDuty. “Not only is Threat Stack easy to deploy, it’s also easy to integrate with both new and existing tools. We now have complete visibility into our processes and activities for continuous monitoring and security management across our environment.” The PagerDuty platform allows IT Ops and DevOps teams to manage and respond to incidents quickly and efficiently, reducing the chance of outages or setbacks of any kind. Threat Stack’s continuous, real-time security monitoring helps the PagerDuty team to quickly identify top-level threats, streamline processes within the operation’s workflow and increase security across the organization. “We are longtime fans of PagerDuty, and are excited to partner with them to deliver granular, integrated visibility into user activity, processes, files, and network connections,” said Venkat Pothamsetty, Vice President, Products and Customer Advocacy at Threat Stack. “We are proud to deepen this relationship by helping PagerDuty scale their cloud-based business while keeping them secure and compliant.” PagerDuty is using Threat Stack Cloud Security Platform’s full suite of features and special integrations across its AWS environment to provide host-level visibility and other key capabilities including: