Threat Stack enables businesses of all sizes to securely leverage the benefits of cloud computing by identifying and verifying insider threats, external attacks, and data loss in real time. Purpose built for today’s infrastructure, Threat Stack’s comprehensive intrusion detection platform combines continuous security monitoring and risk assessment to help companies gain an unparalleled level of visibility at the speed and scale of today’s business. Located in Boston, Massachusetts, Threat Stack works with nearly 400 security-minded customers.
The Managed Services Security Engineer is a dedicated resource assigned to Threat Stack OversightSM customers. The primary purpose of this position is to provide ongoing front-line support for our managed services customers’ security-related issues. This includes alert curation, priority escalations, and customer notifications based on severity levels.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Investigate, document, and report on relevant information, security issues, and emerging trends for our managed services customers
- Provide Incident Response (IR) support when alerts confirm actionable security events
- Provide threat and vulnerability analysis as well as security advisory services as needed
- Support the customer’s Threat Stack intrusion detection platform and implement configuration changes as required
- Work closely with the Customer Success Manager and Security Engineer assigned to each Oversight customer account
- Integrate and share information cross departmentally (Support, Engineering, Product)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent demonstrated experience and knowledge
- Experience as a Security/Network Administrator or equivalent knowledge
- Knowledge of various security methodologies and concepts
- Hands-on experience with security tools such as IDS, SIEM, firewalls, anti-malware, etc.
- Ability to respond to customers during non-business hours
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior experience as a SOC/NOC Analyst or project management skills is a plus
or send an email to [email protected]om