A Guide to Meeting Customer Requirements Now
Has the following happened to you?
A customer or key prospect is demanding that your organization become compliant so you can do business with them. You know what you need to do, but how to do it is the challenge.To address this scenario, we created a new eBook — Fast-Tracking Compliance in the Cloud. It’s designed to help you meet customer requirements for compliance in the most efficient, least disruptive way — and also achieve an ROI that goes beyond meeting the minimum requirements of a compliance checklist by ensuring that robust security is implemented throughout your cloud infrastructure to keep your systems and data secure.
Fast-Tracking Compliance in the Cloud — which is applicable to any company that is operating in or is about to start operating in an AWS environment, regardless of size or industry sector — provides guidance for:
- Demonstrating cloud compliance and security
- Identifying threats and vulnerabilities
- Measuring, mitigating, and monitoring risk
We’ve also included three case studies that show how other organizations have tackled compliance in the cloud.
A Brief Overview
If you are operating in the cloud (AWS) and have been asked to demonstrate compliance — to a customer or an auditor — you need an approach that helps you clearly understand the risks that are present in your AWS infrastructure and enables you to act quickly to put a system in place to manage these risks on an ongoing basis.
We recommend using a risk management-based approach (based on the information security program management requirements of the FFIEC Information Technology Examination Handbook) in conjunction with the best practices that are built into the Threat Stack intrusion detection platform. This will help you to demonstrate compliance to a customer, prepare for a compliance audit, and deliver the best return on your investment.
We have chosen this methodology (and this standard) because it comprises a complete life cycle approach to managing risk that encompasses:
- Risk Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Risk Mitigation
- Risk Monitoring
Its effectiveness is based on the fact that it:
- Prepares you for an audit and establishes procedures that will add ongoing value to your operations
- Provides you with documented processes to identify and address existing threats while providing continuous monitoring to deal with any new threats that arise
- Helps you demonstrate to any auditor that you have a solid understanding of compliance objectives, have relied on a trusted framework and trusted standards, and have implemented these security best practices in your cloud environment
If you follow this approach, we believe you will be able to demonstrate compliance with most information security frameworks, including HIPAA, PCI, ISO 27001, and others.
Final Words . . .
To learn how to meet regulatory standards, address core issues that compliance audits are based on, and implement security throughout your cloud environment, please download your free copy of Fast-Tracking Compliance in the Cloud.