PCI DSS. HIPAA. SOC 2. SOX 404. Compliance can be a complicated and confusing beast, with plenty of acronyms and layers of regulations — not to mention expenses and stress. But achieving compliance in the cloud can also be the key to unlocking new sources of revenue, winning business, and achieving success in today’s competitive business environment.
For many businesses, compliance isn’t a nice-to-have — it’s a necessity. And therefore, you need to know how to work with it — or better yet, make it work for you.
At Threat Stack, we get a lot of questions from customers asking about achieving compliance in the cloud, so we have decided to create an entire series of blog posts dedicated to compliance. In this series our goal is to offer a roadmap that:
- Answers many of your most common compliance questions
- Explains how compliance in the cloud differs from on-premise
- Provides a framework for setting up your compliance practices
- Helps you understand the complexities of compliance requirements without all the headaches and confusion
Here are some highlights of what we’ll be covering:
- How compliance can win you customers
- How PCI and HIPAA compliance differ in the cloud vs. on-premise
- What to do when your customers and your audit firm have different definitions of compliance
- The common challenges to achieving compliance and how to overcome them
- Why security monitoring and contextual insights are critical to achieving compliance
- How to answer the tough compliance questions from customers and prospects
- How to know when “good enough is good enough” with compliance
- How fast-growing businesses can implement and maintain compliance
- How your organization can streamline internal procedures and strengthen marketplace differentiation through compliance
- How to tackle compliance with minimal time, money, and effort
We’ll also be compiling this content (plus some extras) into an eBook that will be available for download when the series concludes in early fall.
If you’d like an automatic email notification when these weekly posts are available, please sign up here: http://get.threatstack.com/compliance-blog-series
As a bonus, we’ll make sure you’re the first to receive the Compliance eBook when we release it at the end of the series.
If you have any burning questions, tweet us @ThreatStack, or send an email to [email protected].